jps jps is offline

Default Education...

On Wed, 17 Feb 2010 10:18:14 -0800, "nom=de=plume"
wrote:

"I am Tosk" wrote in message

I just heard an amazing stat, not a good one. 50% of San Francisco area
students don't graduate High School, and 90% don't go to College!
Furthermore,
250 "area" (sic) schools failed to pass the standards required by law. I
am not
trying to do a blue state, red state thing here, this is Americas problem.

Scotty

--
In the mind of a racer, that checkered flag means nothing once you go by
it.

It's a big problem for most cities and probably a big problem in the rural
areas also. Perhaps if we actually funded No Child Left Behind properly?

I think we should spend a lot more time and money worrying about
whether creationism is taught in science class. That way all other
nations will get a further jump on our workforce, having our cake and
eating it too.

We've gone backwards thanks to Texas board of education and other
fundamentalist-sympathetic organizations. I'm curious what percentage
our "best and brightest" are recent immigrants who take advantage of
our superior higher ed system.

As a country, we're too stupid to recognize when our ass is being
handed to us.