Jeff Morris

Default engine overheating

You're right except that the exhaust elbow isn't part of the muffler (assuming
he actually has a muffler).

And his engine is a 2GM20F which is fresh water cooled, and has a heat exchanger
bolted on (but certainly distinct from) the manifold.

"Rich Hampel" wrote in message
In article ,
jzlatar-genesis wrote:

Regarding the muffler, I presume that is working because the fumes
come out,

NO NO NO NO NO NO ..... fumes AND water need to come out of the exhaust
system. If you have water up to the engine as per your prior
inspection, then open/disconnect the water exit hose of the exhaust
manifold; if flow then you probably have a 'salted' injection elbow, if
no flow then you probably have a fouled exhaust manifold. Cast irion
exhaust manifolds can fail in two ways: corrosion of the base metal
that issues huge platelettes' of rust that lodge in and block the flow
channels ..... or the deposition of carbonate salts (boiler scale
fouling).

What engine do you have?

if the heat exchanger,is clogged, that means that I have to
open the engine?