Larry W4CSC

Default engine overheating

On 19 Jan 2004 06:19:16 -0800, (jzlatar-genesis)
wrote:

I have a yanmar 2GM20F installed in a Plenamar 300 with the following
problem, No water coming out of the exhaust pipe with the result of
overheating and the pump is working with a new impeller, what could be
the reason for it and the solution.
Thanks in advance
Jzlatar-geminis

When you open up the pump and open the seacock, does seawater come
out? Maybe it isn't priming!

I tried this with a neighbor's overheating problem. No water to the
pump. Diver didn't find anything on the outside, but he plugged the
hole and we found half a plastic ice bag inside the seacock some idiot
threw overboard somewhere. Sure plugged up the works. The strainer
looked fine. It had water in it but no flow. We also re-routed a
hose I thought came up above the water line that might prevent the
pump from priming. We had plenty of water, after both....got both
bilge pumps running...(c;

Larry W4CSC