Larry W4CSC

Default Finding Crew???

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 00:00:10 -0500, nospam wrote:

Does anyone know of a place to look for crew. There is a group
supposedly dedicated to this but I never see any ads there either
offering crew positions or seeking seeking positions as crew??

I know this sounds really stupid, but you should see the number of
totally blank stares I get at our marina when someone asks this
question and I reply, "Have you ever asked the college kids who are
marina crew to crew your boat?"

After the long pause, I usually make some smartass remark ending in,
"Well, Duhhh...." (c;

Check it out! They got the jobs at the marina because they like boats
and boating, or at least know something about it. They're YOUNG,
STRONG and, probably, willing.....

I'll tell you another benefit of taking them..... I'll bet YOUR boat,
the one they love to go sailing on, will be the FIRST boat they take
care of when that nasty little storm hits the docks. Wanna bet?

I'm always amazed at the number of boatsnobs who never ask them if
they'd like to cruise around the harbor or go on a trip. How
silly......

Larry W4CSC