FishWisher FishWisher is offline

Default Hey Bill. You still fish for sturgeon?

Bill,

Don't know where you're getting your sturgeon slot, but it's 46" to
66". By the way, I can see the Iowa (and a lot of other mothballed
ships) from my honey-hole on Suisun Bay, and that's quite a sight!

Tim, in reality, everything to do with Kalifornistan's wildlife is on
the honor system. We have less than 175 sworn DFG agents in the entire
state, all of which are paid less than other law enforcement officers.
They leave for better paying jobs regularly. Figure 1/3 on duty at any
one time and that's maybe 60 to cover hundreds of miles of coast and
thousands of lakes, streams, rivers and ponds. Poachers have a field
day here, knowing that the odds are waaaay in their favor. Sturgeon
poaching is a real problem as the meat is very highly regarded and you
can imagine the demand for eggs from which caviar is made. It's a
hopeless situation as is most of the way this state is run.

Cal DFG regs he http://www.dfg.ca.gov/regulations/ See Freshwater
handbook, begin bottom of page 21 for white sturgeon. (Greens cannot
be taken.)

Dale
www.FishWisher.com