Joe Joe is offline

Default first stop in a non-stop circumnavigation.....

On Feb 2, 4:10*pm, "Tom Dacon" wrote:
"mmc" wrote in message

g.com...

http://www.vcstar.com/news/2010/jan/...l-around-globe...

Seems the load is more than 2 wind generators and solar panels can handle.
Cruising is adjusting your expectations to the ability of the boat/equip
to accomodate those expectations. I think a good way for kids to
"acclimatize" would be to do a week long camping trip, carrying (backpack)
everything needed for the week. Ipod runs out of juice first day, phone is
dead second day, etc until all the kids have to entertain themselves is
each other and the great outdoors.
I wish her well but don't think there are going to be any records set this
time out.

Well, you know, ordinarily what you'd do is a shake-down cruise, to test out
and debug the systems and see if your concept is going to work. Shake the
whole boat out, maybe two or three non-stop weeks, come back to home base
and fix or change whatever needed doing, and then set out for real.

Her problem, oddly enough, is the calendar. If she's going to set the record
she wants, she can't take a month or two to go through all that without
growing inevitably older during the process. A funny fix to find oneself in.

I'm not springing to her defense here, so much as just ruminating about it.