spdevel

Default Maptech digital charts

Spdevel, Sounds like who works for whom?????

Geez, I suggested that you could buy whatever charts you want! I don't work
for anyone - I'm too busy cruising!

I think it is very interesting that the main debate I was having was with Ed
(sded). It turns out that he has a J40 which is a great sailboat. But most
sailors don't keep their PC right in front of them, watching their progress
over a digital chart as they are moving. On your Mariner 40, Chuck, do you
have your PC out at the helm?

I'm a motorboat cruiser. My normal setup is a heads-up display of exactly
where I am, watching every movement of my little cursor across the screen.
I've watched the accuracy in real time with SoftCharts, Maptech, C-Map, and
some Passport charts from friend's boats. There just isn't a comparison,
sorry, no matter who you work for.

Your mileage may vary. Go ahead and buy whatever you want though!