Larry W4CSC

Default Yeoman Plotter questions:

I think the early Yeomans were only plotters of GPS data. They had no
NMEA output data.

This can easily be corrected by buying the $75 replacement computer
board from B&G, like we did to replace our fried one. Call B&G
support and give them your model/serial number. I bet the new
computer board will plug right in. Make sure you tell the man you
need the board sent with the full new EPROM which is the master
program and a new data cable with these wires on it.

Changing the board is simply pulling the plastic box apart on the
bottom left side of the plotter, unplugging the cables from 2
connectors MARKING HOW THE PUCK PLUGS IN, PLEASE. Unscrew the
computer board from the main big board's pins pulling straight out
while wiggling it around to get it loose, then carefully plugging the
new board onto the pins sticking out of the main plotting board. Plug
the puck and the new interface cable in and you have a new yeoman with
the latest firmware, a $600 gadget.

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 23:12:11 -0800, "Steve" wrote:

"Larry W4CSC" wrote in message
Only 4 wires?? They must have cut some off for a specific GPS-only,
Data In ONLY connection. Ok, let's look at the Yeoman connections on:
http://www.yeomanuk.co.uk/tech/yds062.doc
Open it with Wordpad so you can see the graphics.

I already had that link and think that is the connector pin out for a later
version..

The data cable I have is labeled Yeoman, is virgin (never modified) four pin
plug that mates with a data connector on the back.. There is also a power
connector and a power switch. No fuse (manual says the fuse is internal). I
don't think anything has ever been modified since the connector and switch
layout are just as shown in the manual..

I think I may have to open the case to see where each of the remaining data
connector pins go to.. Might be easier than trial and error..

I might follow up on your links to BandGusa and see if my mother board and
firmware needs upgrading..

Thanks

Steve
s/v Good Intentions