Rufus

Default Reality check

Sounds very normal, all around, Skip. Seems like you're doing a good
job. You can probably try to consciously be gentle, polite, and
considerate to those others involved without risking losing sight of
your own issues, but... After all is said and done, you do have a good
grasp of the facts and you have a job to do. It just gets a little hard
to step back from the trees to grok the forest - occupational hazzard in
your position.

My free advice g:

Spend more time now trying to find a surveyor experienced with Morgens
that you really respect - ie. that you would listen to. g If you
haven't already decided on one.

As I mentioned elsewhere, I believe a good surveyor is worth flying in
from out of town (if need be) at that critical moment. An experienced
surveyor has seen a lot more boats than you. With nothing to block his
cold hard views he can see things below your radar, or which would get
lost in the fatique and frenzy at the end. Especially after months of
hustle, a person can have trouble keeping his perspective and just plain
standing up to the gaff. A respected 3rd opinion can really help hang in
at the end - or walk away, with great regret, but confident of your
decision.

Best luck. Rufus