Harry[_2_] Harry[_2_] is offline

Default Teen pregnancies up thanks to abstinence education

On 1/27/10 1:04 PM, Harry wrote:
On 1/27/10 12:56 PM, wrote:
On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 07:40:33 -0500,
wrote:

Teen pregnancy, abortion rates rise
during Bush Administration

What they don't say in the story is that among white non hispanics it
actually dropped almost 50% (86-44) 1990-2006

http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/USTPtrends.pdf

The message must have worked for the kids of the folks spreading it. I
suppose that is just an indication of how out of tough the right is
with inner city people. Maybe we need two messages.

Leaping to racially based conclusions? I'm shocked.

More likely, suburban girls had and have access to better birth control
devices, including access to doctors and money to keep themselves
supplied with "the pill."

Looks like it dropped by about the same percentage for non-whites, too.