Jeff Morris

Default Best East Coast Summer Cruising Grounds

If you can handle a somewhat more challenging environment, Maine is the absolute
best summer cruising ground on the East Coast.

"Dean B" wrote in message
om...
I have some air miles that I need to use up and would like to charter
a boat on the east cost of the United States next summer. I am
looking for a place with wind; more than anything else, I dislike
using the motor to get around. I expect to anchor every night and
don't intend to go on any offshore passages. Cute little ports are
nice if you need to pick up groceries or a little resturaunt food. I
also like anchoring at state parks that have day hikes.

Chesapeake Bay looks promising or Florida may have something to offer
as well but I have little idea about the wind and park situation.

Dean