Bill McKee Bill McKee is offline

Default Ayn Rand was an optimist

"jps" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 25 Jan 2010 11:15:43 -0800, "nom=de=plume"
wrote:

"Anony Mouse" wrote in message
Reading the rants by the loony left in this forum reminds me of Ayn
Rand's
work "Atlas Shrugged". The loonies in that book were anti-capitalism,
pro
confiscatory taxes, anti-intellectual, pro welfare on a massive scale,
and
deniers of the work ethic. The people who built this country finally
went
on strike, refusing to go along with the government "czars" and
ridiculous
edicts.

She was amazingly prophetic. It's time for another shrug.

BTW, before bpuharic ) chimes in with another inane ad
hominem response about right-wingers, I disagreed with them also when
they
started acting like democrats while Bush was in office.

Blech... Ayn Rand was a former screenwriter who convinced a lot of people
who were foolish to take a badly written novels and try and make them into
an economic reality.

Like the Freak would ever tackle a book with the intellectual
complexity of Atlas Shrugged -- and have come away with an analysis.

Cliff Notes would be over his head.

I am confused. The plum states it is badly written, poor economics, and jps
says it is a brilliant novel beyond comprehension by mere mortals. Could
you 2 go off line , maybe include Harry and deside what it is.