Steve

Default Advice Seattle to Vancouver

"Jack Dale" wrote in message

Especially interested in whether the
Swinomish Channel makes any difference in time?

The vessel is a planning powerboat that will cruise at 20 knots.

It's been a few years since I transited the Swinomish Channel but I would
expect that there is some speed restriction and 20 knots would be
excessive..

However, it does save sometime, especially if the weather and water
conditions on Admiralty Inlet would keep you from running on a plane..

I assume this delivery is in the near future, winter months, so things could
get rough and I would recommend the Channel and then lay over in Anacortes
or Bellingham if the rest of the passage looks rough.. Then you only have
open water while in the Straits of Georgia.

Good luck, even this time of year it can be a nice trip..

Steve
s/v Good Intentions