Bruce In Bangkok Bruce In Bangkok is offline

Default Propeller anti-fouling?

On Tue, 19 Jan 2010 17:02:19 -0500, "Flying Pig"
wrote:

Hi, Bruce, et. al.,

It's been in the water too long, now, so it's gone, but PropSpeed lasts a
couple of years. Go to their website for an education, but the simple
process is that it's too slippery for the critters to hold on to and they
sling off.

An etching primer applied to an 80 grit scuffed clean surface first, then
the other stuff on top of it. Basically yellow looking.

My prop stayed clean for the first couple of years in the water. When we
next haul, I'll use it again. Very satisfied.

L8R

Skip

Thanks for the endorsement from someone who has actually used a
product :-)

I believe that International Paints and some of the other paint
companies are also making a product...... I believe a hard
anti-fouling paint, but am not sure.

Cheers,

Bruce
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)