Chuck Baier

Default Maptech digital charts

I had posted on this board some time back how Notsonobletec was
putting the screws to us boaters buy making their own software
obsolete and expensive and forcing anyone using their stuff to have to
spend more and more money. The solution is simple. Stop using their
software. There is lots of good stuff out there that will not put you
through so much and works great. This approach is the only thing these
kind of companies understand. We pay enough for anything connected to
a boat.

"spdevel" wrote in message ...
Try http://www.softcharts.com/ . You can buy compatible charts there in
preconfigured collections or roll your own. You can also

purchase/download a
single chart to be sure their current format is compatible with your

version
4.1. I have VNS 6.5 and won't be buying any more charts from either

Maptech or
Nobeltec.

Yuck. Awful stuff. Thanks but I'd rather have the real NOAA maps from
NOAA's partner (Maptech). I called Nobeltec and they will be supporting the
BSB v4.0 CD's - you just need to know the right person to ask. There are
plenty of other applications that support the new CD's too.