nom=de=plume nom=de=plume is offline

Default BREAKING: Brown Wins in Mass. Race

"Bill McKee" wrote in message
m...

"nom=de=plume" wrote in message
"Bill McKee" wrote in message
m...

"nom=de=plume" wrote in message
"Bill McKee" wrote in message

wrote in message
On Fri, 22 Jan 2010 08:40:09 -0500, Harry
wrote:

The top brackets ought to be paying 49%, and there should be no cap
on
earnings subject to social security and medicare taxes.

As long as the top 1% controls 50% of the campaign contributions and
100% of the media you won't see that. They may pass that as the
published top rate but there will be enough tax shelters and
loopholes
so they won't actually pay that.
The government has a long rich history of using the tax code to drive
social policy. If you do politically correct things you get tax
breaks, big ones.

Is why there will never be a flat tax. Taxation is the ultimate
control.

A flat tax is regressive.

--
Nom=de=Plume

Actually is neither Regressive or Progressive.

You're just wrong. I don't know how to say it politely.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flat_tax

--
Nom=de=Plume

I will state it impolitely. You are stupid. By definition a Flat tax is
neither progressive or regressive. It is a set percentage. If you give
an exemption to lower income, it is modified flat tax and is then slightly
progressive.

Because you can't read, isn't my problem. Dip brain... if you "exempt"
something, then it's no longer a flat tax. Next time you say the word
stupid, look in the mirror and it'll make more sense.

--
Nom=de=Plume