posted to alt.great-lakes,soc.culture.usa,soc.culture.canada,rec.boats
Bolt Upright Bolt Upright is offline

Default Prevent Asian Carp from entering Lake Michigan by closing theChicago Sanitary/Shipping Canal Petition

On 1/22/2010 4:41 PM, Dave Moorman wrote:
In ,
wrote:

"Dave wrote in message

In , lil
wrote:

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/...ntering-lake-m
ich
igan.html

Time to learn how to cook carp!

Got a recipe? So far, every recipe seems to taste like sh*&t from what I'm
reading.

--Mike

They had a feature about cooking carp on the WGN news. Apparently it
has a bit more flavor and is not quite as flaky as some fish. I'm not
much of a fish eater, but it seems like most of the flavor comes from
the sauce, anyway.

Could be good resource for the cat food industry, plus it would not
have to be shipped from China.

Well, maybe. But what if it wipes out the sport and commercial fishery
in the Great Lakes?