mgg mgg is offline

Default BREAKING: Brown Wins in Mass. Race

"Jack" wrote in message
On Jan 21, 9:41 pm, bpuharic wrote:

because our (middle class) tax rate stayed the same

the rich got a HUGE tax break as their incomes skyrocketed

Bzzt.. wrong.

1993 saw a huge new tax on the wealthy with two new brackets at the
top.

yeah. thanks for supporting what i said

How can you spin two new tax brackets at even higher levels as "the
rich got a HUGE tax break as their incomes skyrocketed"?

After that, starting in 2000, *everyone's* tax rates dropped by
3%, from top to bottom, except for a new lower tax bracket that was
created in 2002 that reduced the rate from 15% to 10%, a reduction of
5%. That means that everyone got the *same* reduction except the
lower earners, who got a *bigger* reduction.

The one bracket that didn't change in rate was the 15%... but many did
fall out of that bracket to 10%, so that's not really no change, is
it? Many in the 15% bracket got a bigger relief than everyone else.
So your statement is false.

The plans moving forward is to leave everyone's tax rates alone...
except for those top two rates, who rebound back up to 1993 rates.
That should make you happy. Or not.

http://www.moneychimp.com/features/tax_brackets.htm

interesting that you post this reference. because it shows how
REGRESSIVE the tax system really is, especially towards the middle
class.

You can try to change your assertions by spinning your statements, but
it remains clear that you are simply wrong when you say:

"because our (middle class) tax rate stayed the same" It did NOT, it
was lower.
" the rich got a HUGE tax break as their incomes skyrocketed" They
did NOT, they paid more.

That was an outright lie. My link proves it.

But spin away. I'm done.

See my note to Bill. Just let them wallow in what they created. The tide is
turning.

--Mike