I am Tosk I am Tosk is offline

Default US delaying needed supplies?

In article a23dae68-7e88-42d0-abe9-770eedcb6703
@b10g2000yqa.googlegroups.com, says...

On Jan 20, 8:57*pm, "Don White" wrote:
We keep hearing complaints that the US military is hogging the main airport
with its' one runway for their own purposes (flying in soldiers) rather than
letting all the relief planes arrive. *Saw a report tonight of a makeshift
hospital, a couple hundred feet from the airport, sewing a couple of kids up
without anesthetic or other medical supplies.
Might be time for the Americans to go out and play soldier while someone
else runs the airport.
The Haitian people need all manner of medical supplies today...not next
week.

Don, I really think tha in this type of a situation the old saying
still applies: "Too many chief's and not enough indians"

Well, maybe not. "Too many chief's and way too many indians" would
probably be more ike it.

So many rushing in to do a lot of good stuff, but even the relief
workers are getting in each others way. Everybody has an idea of how
it should be done.And when that happens you have an unorganized
effort.

It will get straightened out though. Or that's what im hopeing for.

Hummm. Just saw a reporter on the ground say "some are trying to say the
United States is not getting the relief out".. "That would be wrong"...

Anyway, it still cracks me up that folks are bitching because we haven't
taken a country the size of a small state, with no usable roads, no
airport, no government, no hospitals, electricity, fuel, and hundreds of
thousands of wounded and dead, and we haven't solved all of the problems
in a week! Can you imagine the media if there had been a Republican
President in office ? But that's another story. Aid is getting in,
people are getting out, that's the reality on the ground despite what
the Minority Media may be telling you...