sded

Default Maptech digital charts

"Ray D" rayd at gis.net wrote:

As of 2004, Maptech is only delivering BSB4 formated charts on CD's for most
of the popular regions. The charts are encrypted, require registration, and
not supported on older versions of Nobeltec's Navigation Suite software. I
ordered Region 6 and can't use it on my Nobeltec Version 4.1 software.
There are still some Maptech rev 3 chartkits in some dealers' stock. Does
anyone know if BSB rev 3 is supported on my navigation s/w? I hate to spend
the $399 for a s/w upgrade.

Thanks
Ray

Try http://www.softcharts.com/ . You can buy compatible charts there in
preconfigured collections or roll your own. You can also purchase/download a
single chart to be sure their current format is compatible with your version
4.1. I have VNS 6.5 and won't be buying any more charts from either Maptech or
Nobeltec.