Leanne

Default Yanmar 3GM raw water cooled?

"Jonathan" wrote in message
Thanks Glen, I'll check that out.

The point here is weight saving, so he hopes to be rid of the

exchanger
tank, the additional pump, etc.

As the engine is used for battery charging, we will need to

install a
loop to recycle heated water through the engine, as the raw

water in the
Southern Ocean would cause the engine to run a little too cool

How practical is it to redesign the cooling system against the
cost and the few pounds of weight. Ok, we have a large budget so
cost not a factor, but would the weight gain be that great as you
are tossing out a recalculating system that works well in cold
waters to replace it with another system of almost the same type
to do the same thing. I realize that weight or the lack of in a
ULDB is critical, but IMHO, I don't think this is a good
solution.

Leanne