Glen \Wiley\ Wilson

Default Yanmar 3GM raw water cooled?

On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 00:42:35 GMT, Jonathan
wrote:

In other parts of the world this engine is raw water cooled, and so the
question posed, is: does anybody reading this group know someone in the
UK or Australia, or anywhere, for that matter, who would assist in
locating a source for this part.

If you don't get what you need, ask he
http://forums.torresen.com/eThreads/view/engines/

Very good source for info. I used to order all my parts from them
before Yanmar in their infinite wisdom decided not to allow me to
choose my provider. By the way, make sure you have the model number
correct (since it isn't your engine.) There is a 3GM, a 3GM30, a
3GM30C, and a 3GM30F. I'd be mildly surprised if the engine in
question isn't a 3GM30F. A quick look at my 3gm30 manual shows that
the kit for converting a raw water cooled engine to fresh water
cooling contains:

fresh water pump
sea water pump (don't know why)
cooling water pipe
heat exchanger (includes exhaust manifold)
subtank
thermostat assy (hotter stat and different cover)
fuel oil pipe assy (different shape, I think)
v-belt, gaskets, bolts, etc.

so you'll need more than just the manifold. I think you will need to
plug the bypass passage as well. Hope this helps.

Glen "Wiley" Wilson usenet1 SPAMNIX at worldwidewiley dot com
To reply, lose the capitals and do the obvious.

Take a look at cpRepeater, my NMEA data integrator, repeater, and
logger at http://www.worldwidewiley.com/