Lloyd Sumpter

Default Need Advice Pulling Engine Cal MK II 5411

On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 14:52:11 +0000, Abbey wrote:

My engine locked up and I am having to pull it to get it rebuilt. It is a
Universal diesel 2 cyl 11 hp. I am not sure what the best way to go is and how
much I have to take off the engine before it will fit thru the compartment
access. Anyone have any experience with this? Please reply here as my email is
not valid. Thanks

Well, I just pulled the Universal M25 (3cyl 21hp) out of my Catalina 36 and it
was a piece of cake.

I removed the alternator and heat exhanger, as well as all the "normal" things
like electrical, fuel, hoses, etc. Then I rigged up a comealong hanging from the
boom, which was supported by the mainsheet at the point I attached the
comealong.

Came out slicker 'n snot!

Lloyd Sumpter
"Far Cove" Catalina 36