RLM RLM is offline

Default perfect car for the 'old timers' in here.

On Sat, 09 Jan 2010 19:47:54 -0500, wrote:

Don White wrote:
http://www.57classicchevy.com/789-chevy.html

High School and cars.
I had a 56 Ford 292 white and gray.

Mom had a 56 Crown Vic orange and white 292Y block 4bbl.Drove it and
eventually have to put the overhead oilers on it. Got rid of it shortly
after that. Bought a new 60 chevy convertible w/283 2bbl and slipomatic.
Low gear was like granny. I forget the real name for the trans but it was
no economy king.

I loved it.

I had a 57 Chevy Harbor Blue convertible, 283 4bbl P-glide. Two-tone blue
interior. This was the factory color interior. Heavy with the X frame to
reinforce it because it was a convertible.

The car that was fun was a White 59 chevy w/348ci w/58tri-power
progressive linkage + four speed. That truck motor would go with enough
fuel and air flow. Fuel was cheap then even though it didn't seem so at
the time.

Friend had a blue 57 Chevy convertible, 283 four barrel,
powerglide. It had black tuck and roll. I don't think they came that way
from the factory.
I was always a little envious of his car. I'd love to have either one
today.