Kevin & Debbie

Default Bearing Buddy Question

Definite must have.
Towed that boat thousands of miles and launched/hauled dozens of times
each year and never had a problem. I used synthetic grease and repacked
them every fall prior to storage. I think I paid $25 for a pair.
To install them, remove the dust caps and use a 2 X 4 and hammer to
pound them in, just make sure you pound them in evenly. Then use a
grease gun to fill the hubs with grease. I have heard it said that the
grease will not make it into every void but the air/grease pressure in
the hub will help prevent water from being sucked in by the hot bearings
as they are cooling down. I always put the grease in just prior to
launching the boat (while in the launch prep area) so that they were
under maximum pressure.All in all, cheap insurance.
Kevin

No Spam wrote:

I went to a local marina, and I asked about maintenance on the trailer. They
suggested to me that my trailer needs a product called "Bearing buddy"
which can easily pump grease into the hub with a grease gun. I haven't
installed it yet coz wanna get some comments from you guys.

Any comments on this "Bearing Buddy" product? Is it worthy to install? is
it easy to do it myself or should I let the Marina guy to do it for me?
Thanks for any advice..

N.S.