Default Help with fridge

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
On Thu, 7 Jan 2010 14:13:28 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

My suggestion that you get the adapter and gauge and refrigerant and
service
it yourself comes from personal experience with the folly of expecting
somebody else to do as good a job at maintaining any system as well as an
informed and caring owner.

There is a lot of truth to that. To that end, allow me to recommend
a couple of books that I regard as excellent:

"Refrigeration for Pleasureboats: Installation, Maintenance and
Repair" - Nigel Calder

"Boatowner's Mechanical and Electrical Manual: How to Maintain,
Repair, and Improve Your Boat's Essential Systems" also by Nigel
Calder.

Both are available at amazon.com among other places.

Never hurts be become informed. Trial and error works but reducing trial and
error by learning from others is more workable. (Not to mention, less
expensive in most cases.)

Wilbur Hubbard