Rick

Default Fuel Polishing again.

Rich Hampel wrote, all offended and whiny:

Ask the centrifuge manufacturer whats the reduction efficiency (per
minute) vs. a dead end filter at 98-100% efficiency.
On a per gram basis what is the cost (including initial capital cost)
be tween filtration and centrifugation?
Ask the centrifuge manufacturer how long the electric cord needs to be
when you're out at sea.
Ask what the rebuild charge is for the disks when they become
misaligned or wear out.... ditto seals.
Ask when do you shut down the centifuge when you know that the particle
distribution is what you want to obtain .... with out accessory
instrumentation and the knowledge of it proper usage. Do you have ANY
idea?

Yeah, I use them all the time. They work very well.

Now Mr. Know it ALL - go to the Alpha Laval site and look at the
recommendations carefully .... and see the differences listed there for
the selection criteria between filtration and centrifugation ..... wow!
whaddaya know the centrifuge recommendationis for 10% solids and above.

Tell me this ONE answer..... how long do you have to centrifuge fuel
oil to get to 2uM particle levels? If you cant answer this, then you
have NO idea of the purpose of a centrifuge, the reduction possible,
nor the applicability.

I take it you don't like centrifuges. It also sounds like
you have never seen or used one.

Methinks you protest too much ... what is your problem anyway?

Rick