Ekal Byar Ekal Byar is offline

Default Help with fridge

"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote in message
anews.com...
"Longkeel35" wrote in message

my fridge has lost the gas, it is a danfoss Bd50F compressor that only
seems to have one service port. Is this normal? My fridge
troubleshooting book says there should be 2. Do I hook up just the
suction hose of the manifold gauge to this? Also do I need a vacume
pump to remove air or can I use the compressor to do this.

Do you have a license to handle, (or even have in your posession) the
refrigerant? I could turn your ass in, and share in the fine (minimum of
$15,000) that you will have to pay. I could use that extra money since the
bills for Christmas are starting to come in.

Go to your local NAPA auto parts store and purchase an adapter that you
can screw to the top Schrader valve equipped service port. You will need
to remove the Schrader valve itself prior to installing this adapter. Do
it quickly and you won't lose all the pressure and you won't have to do
the vacuum pump trick.

Once you have the adapter installed you can then use commercial R34
automobile air conditioner refills and hoses/gauge to recharge your
fridge. Get one with a pressure gauge and pressurize the fridge only to
the top of the yellow. Filling it to the green is too much pressure for
the fridge and it won't work.

I did this with mine because it seems to have developed a slow leak
someplace. It lasts about a season before needing a recharge. But a
recharge is simple and cheap with the adapter in place.

Wilbur Hubbard

You, too! And you've probably created an extra leak with your cheap-ass
adapter. What-in-the-HELL is wrong with getting things done correctly?