[email protected] salty@dog.com is offline

Default Does anyone know this boat 'Lotus' of Dering Harbour NY

On Sat, 2 Jan 2010 23:08:13 +0000, Justin C
wrote:

There's a boat in the local marina (Sovereign Harbour, Eastbourne, UK)
that's an overseas visitor. The stern says Lotus Dering Harbour NY. I've
Googled and can't find her (I didn't expect I would, we're not all
Google-able). I was wondering what she is, she's very pretty.

From what I could make out she's 55 feet long (it looked like it said 55
in the name on the rear quarter of each side) I couldn't get close
enough to read the actual name, the numbers were slightly larger than
the rest of the name. The bow markings were two plain dashes -
continuations of the line along the side of the hull, each about 6"
long.

She looks like a Trintella 1a, though much longer, in that the roof is
stepped. She has a lovely sweep to the bow and is very narrow. There's a
nice overhang at the stern and the transom faces upward like a Rival 34.
The rig (IIRC) is fractional, bermudan sloop. I'd tell you what colour
she was except I'm colour blind! I'd say off-white, but not Island
Packet.

She looks like a fast boat, tall mast, and I bet she heels somewhat. Any
help identifying her will be gratefully received.

Justin.

Dering Harbor is a small harbor on the north end of Shelter Island,
New York. That boat doesn't sound familiar to me.