Default Help with fridge

"Longkeel35" wrote in message

my fridge has lost the gas, it is a danfoss Bd50F compressor that only
seems to have one service port. Is this normal? My fridge
troubleshooting book says there should be 2. Do I hook up just the
suction hose of the manifold gauge to this? Also do I need a vacume
pump to remove air or can I use the compressor to do this.

Go to your local NAPA auto parts store and purchase an adapter that you can
screw to the top Schrader valve equipped service port. You will need to
remove the Schrader valve itself prior to installing this adapter. Do it
quickly and you won't lose all the pressure and you won't have to do the
vacuum pump trick.

Once you have the adapter installed you can then use commercial R34
automobile air conditioner refills and hoses/gauge to recharge your fridge.
Get one with a pressure gauge and pressurize the fridge only to the top of
the yellow. Filling it to the green is too much pressure for the fridge and
it won't work.

I did this with mine because it seems to have developed a slow leak
someplace. It lasts about a season before needing a recharge. But a recharge
is simple and cheap with the adapter in place.

Wilbur Hubbard