Keith

Default Sea Cocks

I don't think they even make those any more, do they? I know I had a willing
buyer for a set that I replaced on my Krogen with Groco seacocks.

"DSK" wrote in message
Steve wrote:

As others have stated, Gate Valve are not suited for marine use and
especially for below the waterline.

However, IMHO, the plug valve is superior to the ball valve. The plug

valve
can be taken apart and cleaned or repaired. It seems that they would be
cheaper to manufacture as well..

Agreed. Good plug valves are hard to find, though. One of the chief

benefits is
that you can disassemble them without taking apart the piping, something

that
can't be done with ball valves. Also, if they happen to freeze up, they

are
easier to unfreeze.

I looked all over for plug valves to replace some seacocks on our boat

last
spring, and couldn't find any that we could actually get in time. However,

at
some boatyard session in the not-too-distant future I have to replace

(upsize)
two seacocks and intend to have plug valves on hand for that job.

Fresh Breezes- Doug King