Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default Good Fishing Spot

Fraser Island, Australia.
Just talked to a son who lives in Sydney and spent a week there.
Says the bream are hitting.
Of course we have enough problem here with fish names, so I had to
look it up in Oz terms.
First thing I did is spell it right. His Oz wife said they are brean.
I don't believe anything an Aussie says after seeing Crocodile Dundee,
so I looked up bream. With an "m".

http://www.fishing-mates.com/bream/index.html

Looks like a sand perch to me.

Looked further and this doesn't look like a sand perch.

http://www.bream-fishing.com.au/

Seems there are many types, like snappers here.
Only reason I've wanted to visit Oz is to see the kids and score some
draft Foster's.
Now I got another reason. Long boat trip though.

--Vic