mitch

Default Cyclone Heta damage in American Samoa?

Thanks for the info. I was finally able to get thru on phone today.
While I am happy that our boat is undamaged, I am saddened to learn
that the blue Tri was on the rocks. I am not sure, but it might be
the Belgium flagged boat "Slepmouch" with ? and Jackie aboard. They
just arrived this past cruising season. I hope they are not too badly
damaged.

It appears that most of the island is without power and water. Except
for LBJ Hospital (which has its own generator) and police/emergency
services and the airport, all government offices are closed.

Hawaiian Airlines is supposed to resume flights to Pago Pago Wed
evening, so it sounds like things are getting cleaned up.

Regards

Mitch
sv KOMFY

"It ain't all 15 knot beam reaches and following seas..."