posted to rec.boats.building
Bob La Londe Bob La Londe is offline

Default Cut and Fold Aluminum

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
"Bruce In Bangkok" wrote:

reputation except for the fast ones, the ones with 50 - 60 horsepower,
or more.

Really fast?
How fast is really fast?
Do they meet USCG guidelines for power for their size?

Merry Christmas Bruce.

The reason I ask is that while I know there are some stupidly fast 50-60 HP
rigs out there the average USCG approved 50 HP rig is not going to top 40
MPH, Well not by much. After much tweaking I have 42-44 GPS on my 16' flat
bottom with a stainless prop, light chop, cool dry air, with two guys in the
boat so it balances pretty good. If in our other discussions you are
thinking that's pretty fast then I can understand some of our disagreement.
That's real fast for that boat, and I have had some folks express surprise
when it goes by, but in the genre of small fishing and bass boats its not
fast at all.