posted to rec.boats.cruising,soc.culture.thai
Magnus Magnus is offline

Default The perfect boat

On Fri, 11 Dec 2009 20:37:58 +0700, Bruce In Bangkok
shriecked:

Medical costs? I mentioned the 30 baht scheme which is for Thai
citizens however for the rest of us... I take a high blood pressure
medicine, an ACE inhibitor named ZESTRIL. I pay US$ 16.66 a box. I
just had a look at an on-line U.S. shop
(http://www.fdarxmeds.com/buy/online/Zestril.shtml)
selling the same stuff for $51.20.
My wife takes a similar type of medicine Blupress at $63.00 a box at
http://www.allrealmeds.com/atacand-b...ess-p-216.html
My cost here $26.00.

Aaargh!
U wanna say you cannot afford laxative in the US???
BTW U admit you R not allowed to buy anything against Alzheimer
disease and troll addiction?
How sad for ur relatives 'n the neighbourgh in the Bangkog dock!!!

So you see, not only are your wages in the range of 25 or more times
the salaries are here but your entire infrastructure is mammothly more
expensive so any effort to compete seems to be doomed.

And I don't even want to start on the different tax burden in
countries outside the U.S.

Uhuu, especially when you're NOT on the right medication!!!!

;-)
Mort, proctologist of the usenet.
"Rather a poor guess as I came to Thailand 40-some years ago and have
a been married to the same (Thai) woman for 42 years. Have one son, a
daughter-in-law and two grand-kids (5 & 7) and have lived in our
present house since 2526. Prior to building this house we lived in a
purchased house in the same district for 9 years and before that in
various rented houses in different towns up-country. Now that you have
given us the benefit of your brilliant and penetrating insight into
the life and times of Good Soldier would you like to enlighten us
further about things in the Kingdom?"
Ravings on 2 Mar 2009, from the GSS senile troll of sct, aka
Bruce-in-Bangkok of rbc aka Gross Senile Soldier aka 'Borked Pseudo
Mailed' aka LardGay aka Brian aka...YAWN!!