Peter Bennett

Default Problem water pump Yanmar 2GM

On Sun, 04 Jan 2004 19:29:28 GMT, "Jeffrey P. Vasquez"
wrote:

"The Carrolls" wrote:
Check your hoses and a part of the pump housing I believe is called
the impeller cam. It is the piece that makes the impeller deform to
cause the water to travel down stream rather than possibly stall
within the pump. It is a replaceable part and one often overlooked.

Thanks Jere and the Carrolls! It is profoundly encouraging to have such
quick and helpful responses. My thanks.

[This was cross-posted to rec.boats.cruising and a fellow usenetter there
wrote up an extremely good summary of shaft/pulley shear resulting in
exactly these symptoms, if you'd like to hop over there and read it.]

Thanks again!!

I had one impeller fail by the rubber coming adrift from the metal
bushing - everything looked fine, but the rubber didn't turn.

--
Peter Bennett, VE7CEI