I am Tosk I am Tosk is offline

Default To my liberal friends...

In article ,
says...

On Wed, 16 Dec 2009 08:56:41 -0500, John H
wrote:

On Tue, 15 Dec 2009 20:56:01 -0500, I am Tosk
wrote:

In article ,
says...

On Tue, 15 Dec 2009 15:59:12 -0500, John H
wrote:

Christmas, and the fact that so many people get so much enjoyment from
the season, must really **** off the atheists.

Not only that.... it really ****es off a lot of Christians, because
they know it is celebrating a Pagan holiday with a ton of Pagan
trappings.... and they will do anything to prevent being guilty of
idolatrous worship....

... there are a lot of Christian children around here that will get no
presents and wouldn't want them, if they did.... there are Christian
homes with absolute prohibitions against anything associated with
Christmas.... no trees, no 12 days, no Yule log, no parades, no
exchanging gifts, no ornaments, no mistletoe, no green, no red, no
presents, no Santa, and *certainly* no eggnog. And you'll NEVER catch
THEM saying, "Merry Christmas."
http://www.rapidnet.com/~jbeard/bdm/...xmas/celeb.htm

Don't be so quick to paint all Christians with that broad brush.

Wow, and in my 50 years I have never met one, much less heard of one
trying to shut down my celebration... hummmmmm...

Me neither. But Gene has many living right around his house. Do you
reckon he polls the neighbors to see which are Christians, which
prohibit anything to do with Christmas, which don't say "Merry
Christmas", and so on.

Must be hard to get all those questions answered.

Nah, it is quite easy. I have in-laws that constantly want to *save*
me with their particular twist on "the way the truth and the light." I
don't have to ask to get questions answered.... you folks

There it is, the "you folks"... Seems it's not "us folks" who are the
problem, it's "your" family. Nobody pushes it around here to my family
of myself, even my dad's Mormon friends. Guess you just need to get some
friends who respect you more... Or like here, maybe you start in on it
and they just finish the conversation??

are usually
pretty "in your face" about what your Lord and God demandeth other
folks shall know and follow.

I have a tree and mistletoe, they don't.... go figure.....

Oh, yeah, I forgot.... some of the Quakers.... locally, the Quaker
college doesn't even have an American flag on campus! But I've got one
of those!

Have a Happy Holiday!