NOYB

Default Slow/idle speed under bridges?

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
"Gfretwell" wrote in message
How common is this? I know it has been the law in Pinellas County (Fla)

for a
number of years but in Lee County it is a mixed bag. If you exclude the

bridges
that are in congested docking areas where everything is no wake, we have

2
main
ones near me (New Pass and Big Carlos Pass). Big Carlos is idle speed

under the
draw span, New Pass is "Normal Safe".
Is there any logic to this?
BTW if I read the sign correctly, anywhere else under the Big Carlos

bridge is
Normal Safe too but you might get a 4 oz pyramid sinker and a few hooks

in
your
face

Slow might be a decent thing, to give fishermen time to reel their lines

out
of the way, or even deal with a fish on the hook, which can be tricky from

bridge. Who needs the law for this kind of consideration?

I always thought it was mandatory. Nevertheless, I always go slow...because
you never know when some yahoo on a jet ski is going to pop out around a
corner.