Flying Pig[_2_] Flying Pig[_2_] is offline

Default Coax Cable (was VHF anomaly) - almost finished

Well, it's over - I've ordered the LMR-400-DB. The smoking gun was in not
only some conversations in various places, but the specifics of what makes
this one waterproof found in
http://www.timesmicrowave.com/content/pdf/lmr/22-25.pdf

FWIW, I dealt with Joel Knoblock at therfc.com, a very helpful Ham (the site
concentrates on Hams, but does a lot of marine business as well). Ordering
was via an RFQ, insert the quote number in the box, and off we went.

So, thanks to all for the various inputs. I'm ashore (well, technically,
I'm under way to where we'll be docked when we're ashore) until mid-January,
but will be back at it when we return, installing new chartplotter (old
one's getting too small for our aging eyes), GPS (old one's sometimes
flaky), maybe AIS, high output alternator in Delco 10-DN format, new gelcel
spotlight batteries, new helm VHF (undecided as yet what that will be),
winch parts, rubber feet for the Honda eu2000i, rebuilt injectors for Perky
(never been done that showed in the records with the boat and certainly not
by us, yet), rewind spring for the revived Johnson 15, shaft kit for one of
the Jabsco raw water pump spares I have, and perhaps some other stuff we'll
trip over in our meanderings.

Catch y'all later...

L8R

Skip and crew

--
Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig KI4MPC

(and)
"There is no such thing as a problem without a gift for you in
its hand
(Richard Bach)