Rob

Default Fischer Panda Owner's Forum Shutting Down

I have a FP 12kW genset and out of interest read of Geoffs experience.
I have to say that from the evidence on the www from both FP and GS,
the installation does sound rather suspect and that water was being
drawn back into the engine. I have a couple of observations. FP
units are used by most Formula 1 racing teams in their motor homes and
many outside TV broadcasting vehicles. If they were not inherently
reliable, I am sure that another manufacturer would be used.
If you are going to have an engine, or genset in a boat why not follow
the KISS principle and use keel cooling and mirror how your car engine
is cooled by the environment in which it operates. No raw salt water
circuit at all - and put a water trap into the exhaust line so that
any water in the line does not get back to the engine.
I think he did too well - but I guess that is the sue anything/anyone
climate in the USA - rather than remotely accept any personal
responsibility in life.