Flying Pig[_2_] Flying Pig[_2_] is offline

Default CoaxSeal Tape

Or one might just Google on "Self Amalgamating Tape" and discover that
the stuff has been around for years and years.

Funny how some folks just insist on re-discovering the wheel...
'
Cheers,

Bruce
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)

Heh.

The web site makes it look like the goop/tape I have aboard, not (the
also-aboard) self-amalgamating (think tommy tape or rescue tape) stuff which
sticks only to itself and doesn't mold at all - but also comes off without
any residue, if you just slit it with a knife. Not particularly waterproof
unless you stretch the bejesus out of it and overlap a great deal, and even
then, I'm not sure SAT would be waterproof. I'm fairly sure the gooptape I
have would be. When I undid the mast-top connection, I had to sorta rub it
off, as it didn't come in one piece, at all, and clean out the knurls...
Makes sort of an ugly boot when you squeeze it. Should work fine, but not
SAT...

L8R

Skip, going to HD or Lowes for the 3M stuff to replenish my dwindling stock

--
Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig KI4MPC

(and)
"There is no such thing as a problem without a gift for you in
its hand
(Richard Bach)