Flying Pig[_2_] Flying Pig[_2_] is offline

Default Less than 1/2 the loss of RG-214

Thanks for the link...

If you've been following the other threads on the subject, LMR-400DB is my
choice - until some expert convinces me that milspec 214 is a better bet.

The PDF shows the waterproof nature of the DB; I'm not sure my
correspondents in the other forum where several EEs/Hams are debating the
subject have seen the linked stuff. I'll put it up there.

That said, there's gotta be a reason the military uses milspec stuff, at
well over double the cost, perhaps included being the double braided jacket
making RF migration/insertion pretty much impossible...

Ideas about that?

L8R

Skip

--
Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig KI4MPC

(and)
"There is no such thing as a problem without a gift for you in
its hand
(Richard Bach)
"Stanley Tobasco" wrote in message
Less than 1/2 the loss of RG-214 but yet the same diameter:

http://www.timesmicrowave.com/content/pdf/lmr/22-25.pdf

Made for outdoor use. Better shielding (solid in addition to braid) more
flexible, better UV protection, 20 year life expectancy. Much better
performance over its lifetime. When it finally does degrade to near the
dismal performance of RG-214, then replace it. It's even cheaper than most
places charge for RG-214 at retail.