Steve

Default Berthing a single engine cruiser in reverse

So far, it appears that both responses have provided links to sites that
'seem' to discribe docking procedures for prop and rudder boats.

However the OP has a I/O.. Although I have operated many single and twin
scew vessels over the years, I have only tried my hand and OB or I/O boats
(excluding dingies) a few times and know that the procedure is different
since the prop is on your 'rudder'. Back and fill doesn't really apply with
the I/O or the OB since you can steer your stern while backing.

I have no specific advice to give here except to practice and you will get
the hang of it..

Steve
s/v Good Intentions