posted to rec.boats.building
mx mx is offline

Default do all (most?) epoxies bond to each other?

On Dec 8, 12:18*pm, max camirand wrote:
On Dec 8, 9:03*am, mx wrote:

Thanks,
Mike

Colloidal silica and microballoons aren't the same thing. Colloidal
silica will be harder to sand when cured. Microballoons are a lighter
filler.

presumably microballons are hollow, so the fillet is weaker with them?

As long as you give the first application of epoxy a wipe and a bit of
a sanding before you lay on the glass tape, it will bond.

It's chilly here this week (Seattle) and my little garage heater is
overmatched, so after 24 hours, the first pour will probably be just
hard enough to remove the clamps, so still pretty green. I can
probably give it a solvent wipe, but not sure about sanding at that
stage.