Bruce In Bangkok Bruce In Bangkok is offline

Default The perfect boat

On Mon, 7 Dec 2009 12:06:02 -0800 (PST), Joe
wrote:

On Dec 7, 1:54*pm, Wayne.B wrote:
On Mon, 07 Dec 2009 11:34:07 -0700, slide

wrote:
permanent liveabords who get some
wreck of a boat and moor or anchor it as a solution to cheap rent.

That is the crux of the problem right there. * It gets worse.
Eventually the boat becomes abandoned for one reason or another, and
then it sinks, creating a navigational hazard and eyesore.

You're talking about Neal right?

Actually No! As far as Neil and his personas go I have most of them
kill-filed and out of sight is out of mind.

We also have a boat dump here. People to cheap to pay for a slip
anchor in the federal waterways, that way the city or state has no
say. Most blow ashore and the city then has to dispose of them. The
problem has compounded since hurricane Ike and hundreds of very cheap
boats have hit the market.

Why do you say "too cheap to pay for a slip"? Does renting a slip
somehow confer added dignity on one?

I'd say the ideal boat is one that can make a living for her crew and
many others. The rest are mostly under used expensive toys. But thats
just my opinion.

Joe

And then there are those of us who have sufficient funds to live as we
wish and to whom "making a living" is simply history.

Cheers,

Bruce
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)