Wim

Default Single Handed Flag??

Hi Steve,
This flag may attract the "Pirates of the Caribbean"( see other post).
They would know you're alone, but necessarily not defenseless? ;-)
Happy New Year :-)
--
c ya Wim
www.cruising.ca/thousand/f-index.html

"Steve" wrote in message
: While discussing flag etiquette, it got me to thinking of the flags I
still
: need to find..
:
: Looks like I'm going to be doing a lot of singlehanding, (no one wants to
: sail with an 'ole fart')..
:
: I know there is a semi official flag for singlehanding. Just a silhouette
of
: a hand in a circle, on a contrasting field... However the only one I
: remember seeing was in a black and white photo..
:
: Does anyone know where to purchase such a flag, ready made or the specific
: details and color so I can make my own..
:
: I assume that it is kinda like the 'battle ax' flag that evolved and
became
: the excepted standard..
:
: As final note, I propose that anyone who flies the singlehanded flag be
: excussed or exempt for all other flag etiquette/requirements.. Mainly
: because he already has his hands full when entering and departing and
: everyone should have a degree of pitty for his lonely situation. Same
would
: hold true if he happens to forget to take in his fenders, upon leaving the
: dock.
:
: Just my thoughts (suffering from 'cabin fever')
:
: Steve
: s/v Good Intentions (/w 6" snow on deck, but toastie warm below)
:
: