Gordon Gordon is offline

Default Vent filter

Wayne.B wrote:
On Sat, 05 Dec 2009 08:07:40 -0800, Gordon wrote:

Am installing a new sanitary system and am curious about vent filters.
If using a filter, does this mean you can vent inside the boat?

I assume you are talking about the holding tank vent? If so, do not
even think about venting inside the boat. The odor will knock you
over and render the boat uninhabitable.

If not
why filter?

Are these filters effective or do they cause more odors to form?

The idea is to minimize the odor outside the boat. The jury is still
out on whether that is a good idea or not because the filter will
reduce the flow of air to and from the tank.

You should really read Peggie Hall's book on this subject or do a
search on Google for some of her past postings:

http://www.amazon.com/Get-Rid-Boat-Odors-Aggravation/dp/1892399156/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1260040017&sr=1-1

or

http://tinyurl.com/y9394go

Let me explain the filter I'm talking about.
http://www.northeastsanitation.com/vent_filters.html

This filter supposedly stops odor so why not vent inside?
BTW I have Peggy's book.
Gordon