Karin Conover-Lewis

Default Pirates of the Caribbean - no, I'm serious

While I am personally all for blowing pirates to their eternal reward, I
have to imagine that there might be legal repercussions to such activities.
Unless, of course, you have obtained your Letter of Marque prior to going
cruising. ;-)

--
Karin Conover-Lewis
Fair and Balanced since 1959

"Larry W4CSC" wrote in message
On 01 Jan 2004 06:50:42 GMT, (JAXAshby) wrote:

you need a gun, a shotgun, a revolver, a machine gun, a grenade launcher,

machette, a Swiss Army knife, a Boy Scout knife, a paring knife, a box

cutter,
a fingernail clipper and a frickin' brain.

Trollin' aside, I have a German friend who says you only need Russian
hand grenades, easily obtained in many places according to him. Off
of Thailand he was attacked single handing his boat by a high speed
boat. They shot over his head but didn't shoot directly at the prize
they were after, his yacht. When they came within throwing range he
simply dropped one of these grenades into the boat before the boarders
could reach his rail and they were so busy scrambling in the bilge for
the "egg" they veered off before it exploded.

The effect was devastating, a total destruction. That was the only
place he's been attacked but his boat is full of the arms you make fun
of. He says anyone not heavily armed cruising anywhere is totally
crazy....

I can think of no easier targets than most of the yachtsmen I
know.....As a group, the moneyed elite are awfully naive. As to using
the radio, what's the point? Noone's going to help you except to
maybe come look for your body, floating face down long after it's
over. Hell, I'm amazed the local marinas aren't regularly ransacked,
here.