Bill McKee Bill McKee is offline

Default Draining the boat for the season...

"Tim" wrote in message
Oh my, it got down to 21 dsegrees last night, and thismorning I
thought, OH CRAP. I forgot to winterize the boat! Anyhow I headed
into town to my warehouse and pulled the cover. opened the petcock on
th little 4 cyl GM and the water poured out. I figured it wouldn't
ahve frozen but then again..

I pulled the hoses and slopped the "pink stuff" to it till it was
flushing well out of all open ports including the lower end.

Thats one thing I like about he little GM inline 4, it's so easy to
winterize. 10 to 15 minutes and it's over with. v-8 GM s? Thats a
different story. drain plugs and petcocks in places you wouldn't dream
of.

Anyhow, I lowered the bottom end, pulled the battery and pushed it
back in the corner. Just waiting for Aprl 2010 now......

Dang I thought it was cold here with a little frost on the roof when I got
up. Then about 53 while driving into Oakland. Turned up the truck heater.
But went to the Santa Cruz mountains to a tree farm for the Yule Tree. Very
nice mid 60's. Glad the parents moved from the midwest before I was born.