posted to rec.boats.building
Bob La Londe Bob La Londe is offline

Default Epoxy Resin - Non Traditional Uses

"IanM" wrote in message

You may need a bell jar and vacuum pump to get the bubbles out of each
layer before letting it cure. As has been said, best done in Acrylic
casting resin, but if you choose an object that would benefit from a honey
coloured resin, it could look good.

Just for the heck of it I looked up acrylic casting resin. I ran across
some polymer resins that claim to have low thermal curing properties and
near glass clear finish, but are only about as hard as stamp rubber when
cured. I may buy some of that to make some stamps. LOL. Not my choice for
a paper weight though. Then the Acrylic casting resins I found seem to need
to be cured in an oven or something like that. So what exactly kind of
resin was the stuff I used way back in high school in general science class?
It was super hard when cured, it didn't get stupid hot while curing, it was
clear with no bubbles, it seemed to wet out the stuff we put in it just
fine, and we just cured it by leaving it sit on a lab bench over night.

Bob La Londe
www.YumaBassMan.com